Sunday, June 14, 2009

what's happiness?

H A P P I N E S S
is the heart split wide open, in a good way.
the many emotions, be it hunger, joy, sharing, loneliness.
makes me smile, yet it makes me cry,
watching them smile at the world,
when the world ain't smiling back at them,
who are we to them?
hope? love? protection? support?
I wonder.






And now,
Let me tell their story, that no one else can hear.
A story left behind, which no one seems to care.
I wonder..how can someone's laughter,
brings me close to tears?
And you and me, we'll never know.
Cause we're never there.
After what we're seen, can we close our eyes again?
I wonder.
So, let me tell their story, that you won't think its true.
I have not forgotten, so I'm sharing it with you.
For all the things we know, what have we really learned?
Though i close my eyes, these images remain.
And their story, begins again.


No comments: