Saturday, April 24, 2010

My cries,

Love is a funny thing
Sometimes, we feel the strong need to keep our love a secret
From the object of our affection, for various reasons
They could still be attached
They may consider us as 'bestfriends' and we don't want to endanger it
Or maybe we just haven't come to terms with our feelings
The attempts that we have already made were all suddenly interrupted.
When we finally confess, it's like pulling our own teeth.
Though I know of no joy, greater after the sweetness of confession
I've waited so long, I've waited forever
And I'll never let you go will I?
I've been searching for you since I took my first breath
All I long for is to love you till my last breath
From the moment I saw you I knew
I was looking for you
Can I wake up now? Can someone shake me hard?
Can I believe what I'm feeling?
And to be sure I wasn't dreaming still
I felt it in my heart, and it burst
I was in pain, deep pain, torn between me and you
I want you, yet thinking from your perspective, I don't want you
I just don't want to see you cry
I don't want to see you hurt
As when you're hurt, you're hurting me as well
And when I cry, I know your heart's crying too
Two confused souls, still wondering around, still
We've found our stops, but will we stop?
Baby, its killing me
As tears rolled down my eyes
When I saw what you wrote
My heart's burning
I don't want to keep running
Cause I'll always end up at you

No comments: