Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Story's Last Page

A Story's Last Page

By Marie


Verse 1

What a beautiful day, here in the rain
What a beautiful stranger, walking my way
Just like a stream that evades me, escapes me
Overflowing me, drowning me

Verse 2

Seems like I’m struck in a daze, like a story’s first page
Anywhere I will find you, my pulse beats inside you,
The last time I’ll dream, the last time I’ll scream
And maybe then you will see,
what she really could have been
Like a story’s first page, a flower under the rain

Bridge

I’ve lost count of the days, I’m walking away
Cause we’re losing the race, we’re far from the stage
And before it’s too late, baby won’t we just date
Tell me, is this just fate? A story’s last page

Pre-Chorus

If these walls could talk, they’ll say
You’ll look into my eyes and say
You’re on your way, even in the distance
To me you’re never away

Chorus

Why am I always the one to be
Strolling alone around the empty streets
There’s an answer, in the path the wind leads
Since the day that I leave

Just like I thought that all these feeling’s dead
But it just seems that nothing’s changed, its fate
Lost in a crowded room, your voice is with me through
Just like a story’s first page

Verse 3

What a beautiful day
What a beautiful stranger
I’ll be right at the bay
Goodbye’s a tough word to say

No comments: